Several keyboards with new features are now emerging and made available for use in the market. At some point, it has created a healthy competition in the market, but how will you know which is the best one for you as there are too many options to choose from, making it challenging to select one that satisfies your requirements. If you have been in this dilemma for a while, then it is time to redeem yourself since this article will help you out with the Best keyboard for Raspberry Pi to make it easier to choose.
Mini wireless keyboards for your Raspberry Pi
When purchasing any device, you should consider several parameters, including your budget, comfortability, easy configuration, latest technology support, and others. Taking all these parameters into consideration, we will detail the best keyboard for Raspberry Pi for you as follows:
1. REIIE H9
The REIIE H9 keyboard is a 3 in 1 combo with a shape that is quite like a video game controller giving it a very elegant look and a touchpad that is also LED-backlit. Its touchpad is excellent to use. It supports multi-finger touch. You can also use the multimedia keys to control the volume, play/pause, and go to next, previous, and a lot more.
The operational range of this keyboard is 15 meters. It also has an automated sleep mode that sends the device into sleep mode after three minutes of inactivity. To wake it up, press any key for a second. With it (keyboard) comes a charger cable to aid in recharging the battery.
Features of REIIE H9:
- Connectivity: wireless 2.4GHz.
- Dimensions: 7.1 x 4.2 x 1 inch.
- Compatibility: Raspberry Pi 2, Android TV Box, Google TV Box, HTPC, PC, KODI, Windows 7/8/10.
- Weight: 0.2 lbs.
- Battery: 1 Lithium-ion battery required (included), rechargeable.
- Extremely lightweight and compact.
- It comes with a mouse and LED backlight.
- It has an automatic sleep and wake mode.
- It has Media Playback control buttons.
- It has LED-backlit.
- It is travel-friendly.
- It has a rechargeable battery.
- It has a multi-figure touchpad.
- Size is a bit smaller compared to standard keyboard size, so not for everyone.
2. Vilros 2.4GHz wireless mini keyboard
This is another superb keyboard specifically designed for Raspberry Pi. It is compatible with both Windows 8 and 10. The keyboard comes with a very responsive mouse with 3 DPI sensitivity levels: 800, 1200, and 1600. With this keyboard, you get a mouse along with a handy mouse pad. It has an easy and convenient control due to the mini wireless gaming style keyboard, touchpad, and game controller. It is the perfect all-in-one solution for your pi machine or any other USB-enabled Linux, windows, and android device.
This wireless keyboard connects to your device through a 2.4 GHz signal with a 30 foot (max) range and is easy to connect to your Pi, or any other USB dongle included device that does not need any drivers. This keyboard is tried and tested for use with the Raspberry Pi 4, 3, and 3+. To power it, you need 2 AAA batteries that are not included during purchase.
- It is compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 8, and Windows 10 (not fully compatible with macOS systems).
- The 11.2-inch wide keyboard is easily portable with a sleek design.
- It offers an enjoyable and quiet environment while typing as it also boasts good resilience and response.
- It has 3 DPI levels 800/1200/1600.
- It ships with bonus accessories that include a mouse pad and a silicone keyboard cover.
- It has a capslock indicator.
- It has a highly responsive mouse.
- Ships with a bonus mouse pad.
3. Updated Rii i88
This is a 3 in 1 multi-function keyboard operating on 2.4GHz. It comes with a touchpad and mouse. The touchpad supports multi-finger functions, a single finger as a left mouse function, two-finger click as the right mouse function, and double finger drag as the rolling screen. Additionally, it comes with a built-in high-sensitive smart touchpad that has a 360-degree touch design.
With it comes a rechargeable built-in lithium battery for travel or movement flexibility. The keyboard can be connected to devices that have a standard USB interface using a mini receiver. And it can be used as a remote control replacement.
Its operational range is up to 25 meters. This means that you have room to enjoy the keyboard’s functionality even at a distant position.
- Frequency range: 2.403GHz-2.480GHz.
- Operational voltage: 3.3V.
- Charge Voltage of 4.4V-5.25V.
- Its signal strength is great.
- It has a built-in removable rechargeable Li-ion battery that has a longer standby time.
- The updated version is perfectly compatible with Raspberry Pi, Google TV box, PS3, Xbox360, among others.
- It is easy to carry and operate with its ergonomically handheld design.
- It can be used in the dark.
- It has an iconic and ergonomic design.
- It is perfect for multimedia.
- It is a simple, plug and play connection.
- 92 keys, 2.4GHz wireless keyboard with touchpad.
- It has touchpad DPI adjustable functions.
- It has a built-in high-sensitive smart touchpad with a 360-degree flip design.
- It has an increased LED backlit function.
- It has auto sleep and auto wake modes.
- The touch response is not up to the mark.
4. H9 Mini keyboard
This is another excellent mini wireless keyboard with a touchpad and a very colorful backlit. The keyboard is connected by high stability, powerful 2.4GHz wireless radio frequency technology. To use the keyboard, plug the USB dongle, and you will be good to go. Its transmission distance covers approximately 15 meters.
The keyboard has a fascinating rainbow backlit set panel technology of over 180000 colors of backlit for you to select from. If you don’t need the lighting, you can turn it off, making it one of the most flexible mini keyboards in today’s market. The keyboard also has a light memory function, so it does not need to reset it each time you power it on.
Despite being a mini keyboard, H9 has full QWERTY keyboard keys, 360 degrees flip design with function buttons. Talking about the touchpad, the keyboard has a DPI adjustable function that aids the keyboard to match the different sizes of screen. Furthermore, the keyboard supports a multi-finger function: you can use a single finger or two fingers to control your device when browsing the internet and playing games. Besides that, it also has multimedia control keys.
It also ships with control keys, scroll buttons, and a trackpad to add on the multimedia keys. In addition, the keyboard is configured with a removable and rechargeable li-ion battery that offers you over 24 hours of use and up to several weeks on standby mode once fully charged.
On compatibility functions, the keyboard is perfect for PC, Pad, Google Android TV Box, Xbox 360, Smart TV, HTPC, IPTV, Raspberry Pi, Smartphone using the OTG, Notebook, and a lot more.
- Dimensions 5.5 x 3.35 x 0.59 inches.
- Weight: 2.4 ounces.
- Battery: 1 Lithium battery required (included).
- Rechargeable battery.
- It has up to 4 modes to control the Backlit that in turn gives you an impressive experience! You can switch among the four backlight modes by pressing the “Fn” and “☼” repeatedly.
- Mode 1: close the backlight hence saving power quickly.
- Mode 2: Colorful backlight mode, over 180000 colors to select from.
- Mode 3: White backlight mode, change to simple and protective color.
- Mode 4: Auto-changing backlight mode without any operation.
- Touchpad – it has a built-in high-sensitive smart touchpad with 360 degrees flip design. This touchpad also supports multi-finger functions.
- It has a new colorful, backlit version that has 18000 colors to choose from.
- It has auto sleep and auto wake features.
- It has an ergonomically handheld design.
- It is built with 300MAH removable rechargeable Li-ion battery.
- None too specific.
5. Rii K12 Ultra slim Raspberry Pi wireless KODI keyboard
The Rii company has designed this fantastic wireless keyboard, which comprises a perfect combo of a slim and portable keyboard with a large-sized touchpad and mouse. The keyboard is ultra-slim with a thickness of 13mm and a mini-sized keyboard.
This wireless QWERTY keyboard and touchpad combo, X-style, has soft keys and a multi-finger touchpad. It is built-in with a high sensitive smart touchpad with a 360-degree flip design. Rii has an auto-sleep for saving battery. Clicking on any key will reactivate the keyboard. Something interesting about this keyboard is its back cover. The cover has high-strength aviation aluminum with a charming metallic luster. To add on, it has a built-in rechargeable li-ion battery. It is a portable, elegant and durable construction with up to 12 months warranty.
- It has a 2.4GHz wireless technology which gives you the flexibility to work from a fair distance.
- It comes with an auto sleep and starts feature; if it isn’t operated within three minutes, it will automatically sleep.
- It has shortcut keys to help you improve your work efficiency.
- It is compatible with Raspberry Pi, Pi 2, XMBC, HTPC, Google Android Smart TV Box, Linux, macOS, PC, laptop, and Windows versions.
- It is a perfect wireless QWERTY keyboard with a multi-finger-supported touchpad.
- Weighs 7.4 ounces.
- Dimensions: 10 x 3.8 x 0.8 inches.
- An excellent and portable solution for presentation, gaming, mobile device control, among others.
- Its touchpad supports horizontal or vertical use> 30 feet effective distance.
- It has an ergonomic design.
- It is compact and lightweight.
- It is compatible with HTPC, Smart TV, TV box running android systems.
- No backlit.
In this article, we have enlisted the top 5 best mini wireless keyboards for Raspberry Pi. Note all these keyboards are wireless, and all you need to do is plug the USB receiver into your computer to connect. Additionally, most of these keyboards include a handy touchpad which should be an exciting component to have. Wireless keyboards are always preferred because of their portability and easy-to-use features. But there are several wireless keyboards, and you must know how to select what suits you the best. Thanks for reading! To this far, we hope this article has saved you from the dilemma of keyboard selection.